Doing local SEO for yacht dealerships might not sound easy but this article is here to help you get started with your SEO. According to NMMA(National Marine Manufacturers Association), the boating industry has seen an increase in the last 7 years and expects to see additional increases. The question is, are these Yacht dealerships being found online? Everyone knows that people will search online to find a business or service that they’re looking for, and the same thing goes when buying a Yacht.
The new world of Google for boat dealers
So how does Google determine what businesses should be included in the search result? Google considers more than 200 ranking signals to bring up the best result for their users. While many of the signals come directly from the websites or businesses, there are also some other signals that Google will consider, such as online directory listings, backlinks, citations, and consumer reviews.
For a yacht dealership, your priority is to make sure you show up in these local searches. This means you’d need to take your local SEO more seriously. While there are more than 200 ranking signals to be considered its best to capitalize on the ones that have been proven to be effective in boosting site performance in the local sphere.
How Keywords can help boost your Yacht dealership’s local domain authority
Before we can look into how you can implement local SEO for yacht dealerships. We need to first look into some important things that you should know about Local SEO, and that’s keywords.
Whether organic SEO or local SEO keywords play a vital role. Keywords tell Google what your site is all about and what users can get from each page on your website. If you’re looking to build an organic presence in an area or if you want to build relevance around a subject matter, you’ll need to create a library of pages that have keywords related to that subject or area. What keywords do is help establish your site as a relevant source of information when users are looking for that topic or in that region.
If your target city was Santa Monica, even though your business location is just outside that city, you might not be able to outrank a yacht dealership in that area. But if you were to optimize your site for Santa Monica, you’d be able to rank organically for Santa Monica.
Building local content for your yacht dealership
One great thing about writing local content is that since this is your expertise, the writing for it’ll come naturally. If you’re one of the yacht dealerships that’s involved with community events in your area, start by writing about them, and putting it up on your blog or Google My Business page, you’d then be attracting more people to your site. Anytime someone is searching for that particular event or events like it, your site will come up. Every post you put up on your site should focus on a keyword phrase. Keyword phrases should include the name of the event as well as the city it’s in. This is crucial for content.
Always try to center your writing around the keyword, and when you’re about to post the content, ensure you use the same keyword in the URL, meta title, meta description, image alt text, and in the body of content. This will give Google a clear understanding of what your pages are all about.
Why focus on local SEO for yacht dealerships?
Building local SEO for your yacht dealerships comes with a lot of benefits for your business. Here are some of the important benefits local content marketing has to offer:
- It helps expand your library of keywords, which in turn will help drive more people from your area to your site.
- Having more people from your area visiting your site for relevant information will call Google’s attention to the rise of relevant traffic to your site. This can make you rank higher on result pages
- Local SEO gets your brand some recognition. Even though most people landing on your site may be there to read up on information. When it comes time to buy that yacht that they’ve had their eye on, they’ll surely remember your site.
- It promotes backlink development.
Your site is Important to your sales and to your overall brand management. It’s important to do everything you can to make sure you get it noticed.
Let’s look at some things you need to do to get your Yacht dealership SEO right
This may not be fun, but it’s worth it. You’ll be required to sign up for a bunch of online directories for your yacht dealerships. You need to do this right, so take your time! This may be the most tedious of all the many SEO tips for your yacht dealership, but it’s also vital when it comes to improving your website ranking.
Some good examples of directories are Yellow Pages, Yelp, or the Better Business Bureau. Creating a profile on these top-notch directories has a way of increasing traffic to your website as well as improving your rankings. This can also improve your site’s rankings and allow more customers to leave reviews on your page.
Useful tips for submitting your website to a directory:
- Use the full name of your business
- Use the same information on every directory, including your name, address, phone number, and website
- Look for some relevant and high-quality pictures to upload
- On the directories, write a short and captivating description or “about us.” Make sure your description is different for each directory.
- Use relevant tags on the directories. You want to make sure your business is listed in yacht dealerships or something similar. So, use appropriate tags that’ll give you a better chance of showing up on Google.
If you’re still confused about which directories you should add to, here are some free directories to list your business on:
- Google My Business
- Yellow Pages
- Insider Pages
- The Better Business Bureau
- Merchant Circle
Your home page is one of the most important pages on your website, so it’s important to make sure you’re optimizing it. Here are some tips on how you can achieve this:
- Make sure your home page is linked to all the important pages on your site. You can put those links in the menu bar or in buttons on the homepage.
- Make sure your homepage vividly describes your business – who you’re, and what you do. Your audience should immediately be able to tell what type of yacht you sell and where you’re located immediately, they land on your homepage. So, give it your best by using the right words and keywords to describe your business.
- Be careful and selective with your language. Make sure your language is clear, clean, short, and decisive.
- Include some high-quality and eye-catching images. But be careful, so you don’t overdo it.
Your yacht dealership also needs a social presence. When it comes to implementing an effective Local SEO strategy for a yacht dealership, signing up for Instagram and Facebook is very important. Once you’ve set up, your social media accounts use the following tips to get the most out of them.
- Post regularly on your social media pages. Even if it’s a silly update, just make sure you put something on the page once a week. In the case of Facebook, consider using pictures; they seem to work best.
- Ensure all the information about your company is correct.
- Promote your posts.
- Get people to engage with your post. Let them contribute and share knowledge on your page.
#4: Blogs are important
Just like social media, blogging is also another important factor to consider when considering how to do local SEO for yacht dealerships.
Regularly update and share news on your website. Write about company news or about the industry. Focus on just one topic per blog. When your blog is well-focused, the better results you’ll get from it. Below are some tips to help with blogging:
- Write posts about yacht sales
- Blog about the events you attend, host, or sponsor
- Don’t get yourself involved in opinions. Instead, write about more insightful topics and include some relevant sources in the post.
- Talk about industry trends. Look for what’s happening in the yacht dealership corner and discuss it.
- Don’t forget to include relevant and quality images in your posts.
Robert Portillo, founder of Nimbus Marketing, and his family.
About the author:
Robert Portillo is the founder of Nimbus Marketing. Nothing satisfies him more than expressing his thoughts well. He lives in Los Angeles with his wife and two sons. He can often be found at local farmer’s markets, hiking trails, and the beach.